Search This Blog

Active Thought Meditation #earthspiritsoul

So often the purpose of meditation is to still the mind, to let go of all thoughts. To let any thoughts that occur drift away without giving them attention.  There are very good reasons for that type of meditation. It trains the mind so that we become aware of the creation of thoughts.

However, in this meditation I do the total opposite. I actually focus on my thoughts. As one appears, I pull it to me, examine it, explore it. I begin dialogue with myself and ask myself about the thought. Why do I think it? Then I explore the thought from all possible angles.  Is it something that needs a solution? Or is it just a
nice thought? Or an ugly thought? I find the best time for this style of meditation is when I am on a long drive and since I live in a rural area where it is a 40 mile drive one way to work, I have two times a day that I have the opportunity to do this.

If you think about it, we talk all the time to other people. And we show genuine attention to the thoughts they express. But isn't it interesting that we don't give the courtesy of this same type of attention to ourselves?  Oh, we will drift off in thoughts and our mind races along dragging us behind it or on the flip side, it pounds us with thoughts like a jack hammer so that we hardly have time to keep up.  But what I am talking about is not letting the mind act out like an unruly toddler having a wild run at the world.  I am talking about purposeful thought.  Selecting a thought and really exploring it. Seeking the what and why of it.  For me, this has been an exceptionally helpful exercise to connect me to my higher self and/or my Guides.  It starts out like I am having a conversation with myself, my voice answering my voice. By the time I am finished, I often reach profound conclusions regarding the thought I focused on and I realize that even though I thought it was me talking to me, my Guides and/or Higher Self pitched in and helped me work through.

Try it sometime. Basically, think with intent and then follow that thought until you reach a conclusion.

Bright Blessings,
~Rayven~

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Most Reading

Blogger news

Time Convertor

Compare your time to Chicago time to find out when the attunements will be.
OR try this Time Converter