Search This Blog

What is the best religion?

Wow, that is such a loaded question wouldn't you agree? Every person that reads that question will answer differently based on their personal path. I am Wiccan following a path I have named WiseCraft. Would I be so pretentious and arrogant to declare that my path was THE one. Absolutely no. But I will say there is only one true path. Sounds contradictory to what I just said doesn't it? But it truly isn't when you look at it like the Dali Lama does. Here is a quote attributed to him:

"What's the best religion?  Whatever makes you: 
     more compassionate,
     more sensible, 
     more detached, 
     more loving, 
     more humanitarian,
     more responsible,
     more ethical.

The religion that will do that for you is the best religion”

And I have to agree with him.  Everyone finds their own way to the best religion based on what makes them the best person. And under the framing of the Dala Lama's quote above, all paths lead to the same goal. I tip my hat to all those who seek in earnest. The world will truly be a better place when all people seek to be and become the best people they can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Most Reading

Blogger news

Time Convertor

Compare your time to Chicago time to find out when the attunements will be.
OR try this Time Converter